As a peaceful warrior, I would choose when, where and how I would behave.
With that commitment, I began to live the life of a warrior.
~Dan Millman

Sunday, June 24, 2007


Here is some great information on the American way when it comes to food from Mike Adams. No wonder we are considered fat, dumb and lazy...a sorry state that my goal is to change :-)

Are you noticing all the weight loss hype over the Alli drug these days? For a drug that causes hardly any weight loss at all, the media sure is making lots of noise. Not as much noise as the people taking the drug, however, who are screaming out loud after they embarrassingly discover the drug causes them to soil their undies.

Today's feature story gives you the straight story on not just the Alli drug, but also what the commercial success of this drug says about American society today. With the release of this product, America now ranks #1 in the world for the most adults who poop their pants (per capita).

Health:
";Miracle" weight loss drug Alli delivers more than you bargained for (diapers optional)When people ask, "What can I do to lose weight?" what they're really asking is, "What can I do to lose weight that doesn't require exercise or giving up all the junk foods I eat?" When it comes to weight loss, consumers are looking for a magic bullet...

The bottom line is...stop eating all of the crap that you are being programmed to buy! It is a major factor for declining health. As I sat in the local grocery store reading the handbook that accompanies this drug I was intrigued. It was well packaged, had great fonts and white space layout, was a smaller hand held sized, easy to read, good recipes, but touted a low fat diet. Darn! Because this drug stops the assimilation of at least 1/4 of your fat intake. Now...we know that we NEED healthy fats otherwise we will burn up inside. Right? If you look closely, the diet is all about lifestyle changes and the drug has minimal positive effects.

Well, just a note on this because, again, we are looking for a miracle cure that we already have the recipe for folks.

Drugless in CA ~j

2 comments:

JeffO said...

No doubt, people who take the pill will end up gaining even more weight. It's all a mental-emotional game they play.

The only way to keep consumed calories from becoming stored calories is to somehow block it from absorbing/digesting. The result of that is diahrea. Food needs to digest. Good food digests easily. Junk doesn't. Indigestion is a clear sign of bad eating.
.Eat good food.
.Chew it thoroughly.
.Drink lots of water (or other healthy beverage).
Why do they have to complicate things?

If only we could educate people that eating good, real foods are the best opiate there is! Once you're healthy and into good habits, you're a health-food junky. We just have to re-train our cravings.

My brother visits France to bike, and he says you can always tell the Americans. We're the fat ones with the arrogant attitudes. No wonder we're seen as creepy. My brother feels a bit embarassed, even thought he's a skinny biker.

Heaviest town I ever visited: Lamar, CO - Average adult weight must be pushing 300 lbs.
Skinniest: Boulder, CO

Unknown said...

Thanks for you thoughts jeffo! You are absolutely correct on all accounts.

Sometimes I just want to scream at the top of my lungs...wake up...sometimes I think that I am screaming at the top of my lungs, but no one can hear me. Even the 80/20 rule would help dramatically. Everyone has moments where they fall back into some habit here or there.

Simple...eat good food, chew it thoroughly and stay hydrated! Perfect advice.

I have a friend in Europe right now riding and I will enjoy hearing of his experiences with reference to your brothers. I have to say how unfortunate it is that he/we would be embarassed. But I agree, sometimes I am too, right here at home. Don't get me wrong...I have to work toward health just like the next gal. Sensible food choices, exercise and keeping my head on relatively straight are all part of the picture. But all of these things are now a priority, now that I know how significant the impact lifestyle.

Spend the afternoon at Disneyland yesterday and I was sad to see the amount of uncovered jiggling going on. Both of the young and not so young. Beautiful people, kids with a twinkle in their eyes but headed for needless health disasters.

My hubby reminded me of our journeys through the mid-west over the last year and how tired many people looked, while just living. Their size was literally weighing them down physically, mentally and spiritually.

Yes, let's retrain our cravings...for those succulent juicy fruits, savory greens and satiating sensual fats that knock your taste bud socks right off!Whew!

I really enjoyed your visit jeffo. Thanks so much! ~j