As a peaceful warrior, I would choose when, where and how I would behave.
With that commitment, I began to live the life of a warrior.
~Dan Millman

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Perspective!

"Autobiography in Five Chapters"
From the "Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche.
*

1) I walk down the street.....There is a deep hole in the sidewalk....I fall in.....I am lost...I am hopeless.....It isn't my fault.....It takes forever to find a way out.
*

2) I walk down the same street.....There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.....I pretend I don't see it.....I fall in again.....I can't believe I'm in the same place.....But it isn't my fault.....It still takes a long time to get out
*

3) I walk down the same street.....There is a deep hole in the sidewalk....I see it is there.....I still fall in... it's a habit....My eyes are open....I know where I am....It is MY fault.....I get out immediately.
*

4) I walk down the same street.....There is a deep hole in the sidewalk....I walk around it.
*

5) I walk down another street.

No comments: