As a peaceful warrior, I would choose when, where and how I would behave.
With that commitment, I began to live the life of a warrior.
~Dan Millman

Tuesday, November 28, 2006


Autobiography in Five Chapters
*
Oftentimes I can relate to this writing below...it is a wonderful way to express the journey of changing your lifestyle.
*
I was talking with one of the long time employees, Bob, of Great Earth (vitamin store) in Encinitas yesterday and his comment was that everyone comes in looking for the "magic pill." Well...there isn't one. There are some great ones out there, but the bottom line is you will lose vitality and health when you are nutrient deficient and retain toxicity! That's it gang. If you are just getting started on this path, you likely already are experiencing both. Simple but not easy. Many people reach this path only after advanced illness and find it possible to recover without drugs or traditional 'healing' options. Because you have to balance out your intake of healthy nutrients not only to replenish deficiency, but detoxify multiple levels of gunk, it takes a little time and guidance. There are so many modalities of healing for mind, body and spirit. The one that is constant is the food that you eat, every day. Make it good, nourishing and replenishing. Living foods for a living spirit!
*
Namaste ~j

*
"Autobiography in Five Chapters"
From the "Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche.
*
1) I walk down the street.....There is a deep hole in the sidewalk....I fall in.....I am lost...I am hopeless.....It isn't my fault.....It takes forever to find a way out.
*
2) I walk down the same street.....There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.....I pretend I don't see it.....I fall in again.....I can't believe I'm in the same place.....But it isn't my fault.....It still takes a long time to get out
*
3) I walk down the same street.....There is a deep hole in the sidewalk....I see it is there.....I still fall in... it's a habit....My eyes are open....I know where I am....It is MY fault.....I get out immediately.
*
4) I walk down the same street.....There is a deep hole in the sidewalk....I walk around it.
*
5) I walk down another street.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Please note: though I mention many people look for a means to regain health at the point of advanced illness, MANY people are also looking at retaining health as well as decrease the effects of aging. Some people are scared into facing healthier options because of the illness of a loved one or close friend. Whatever the reason, it doesn't matter, what matters is...you are willing to take the next step!

Paul Fleuren said...

Hi

I was wondering if you could help me. My girlfirend and I have recently moved to Tokyo. Since arriving she has been constatnly ill with chest infections. I think it might be as a result of her diet and stress. I'm not really sure what to do. Language is a real problem for us. I know a majic pill doesn't exist, but I am considering getting her a multivitamin to try and fill in some of the gaps. What would you recommend??
it doesn't help that she doesn't like fruit and we have all our meals cooked for us at the school we work at. They are mainly protein based with rice and very little vege.
Anyhelp would be much appreciated

Unknown said...

Good morning Paul~
Stress is a huge factor for health and what an adventure!

It would be great to find her a good respiratory tea or herbal blend. Is she willing to sip on some broths? A multivitamin would be helpful, but should be whole food. A super green food would be evern better initially.

It sounds like she picked up a virus due to the new environment. Often times when you increase the intestinal bacteria with a probiotic it supports immune function. What about Hep shots (vaccines), did she have one or more before the big trip? Is she also an athlete?

It would also be helpful to know what you have access to supplement wise, do you have anything shipped in or can you find things in the stores there?

I know, I will email you and maybe we can chat offline :-) ~j