"Healthy Sauteé" allows you to enjoy all of the great taste and health-promoting nutrients of asparagus while the easy Mediterranean dressing enhances its delicate flavor.
| Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes |
- Chop or press garlic and let for at least 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Heat 3 TBS broth over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth is heatiing, snap off the woody bottom of asparagus stems, then cut the spears into 2-inch lengths. Cutting them into short pieces of equal length ensures quick, even cooking.
- When broth begins to steam, add asparagus. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. the outside will be tender and the inside will be crisp. thinner spears will take about 3 minutes. "Healthy Sauté" will concentrate both the flavor and nutrition of asparagus.
- Transfer to a bowl. for more flavor, toss asparagus with the remaining ingredients while it is still hot. (Mediterranean Dressing does not need to be made separately.) Research shows that carotenoids found in foods are best absorbed when consumed with oils.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
To mellow the flavor of garllic, add garlic to asparagus for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Delicious! In good taste. ~j