As a peaceful warrior, I would choose when, where and how I would behave.
With that commitment, I began to live the life of a warrior.
~Dan Millman

Saturday, March 21, 2009


Bell of the Ball

Looking for a great workout, have you tried Kettlebells?

A girlfriend of mine came over and I had my 'bells' out in the entry. She stopped, looked closer and said..."Whhhhat are THOOOSE?"
*
To some they are not pretty to others, a vision of beauty.

*
Well, in my house there is always something strange, new and different as part of the rotation, but these will be staying. I had to launch into how I have found a new romance with these lugs for my workouts. Over the last few months I have had the opportunity to incorporate them via CrossFit and now even as a wod (workout of the day) themselves.

Today's workout was taken from Encinitas Kettlebells and quite a butt kicker I might add. You may not want to start off here, but then again, you might. It all depends on your fitness level and health. Please be wise and take those into consideration before starting any new program as well as checking with your health care pracitioner if you have specific health related concerns.
*
Fitness experts like Robert Budd (BAM! Fitness) and Rob Ord (Brass Ring Fitness) can assist you when you choose to move into new dimensions of your fitness program. Please consult with them, they are ready willing and able!
*
Looks too tough? Well the great news is that it is all scalable and a great compliment to other methods of training. So don't be nervous to shake things up a little and try something new.

So what's the word (or wod):
  • 10 pull ups
  • 20 thrusters
  • 20 SDHP (sumo deadlift high pull)
  • 20 V ups
  • 20 snatches (10 each arm)
  • 10 renegade rows (5 each arm)
repeat for 5 rounds total. get ready for a cool breeze or shower. hot hot hot! ~j

No comments: