7-Minute Sautéed Crimini Mushrooms
Enjoy this easy-to-prepare recipe for a tasty complement to many of your favorite dishes. You will be enjoying a rich source of selenium, B12 and copper along with the great flavor of crimini mushrooms.
| Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes |
- Chop or press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Heat 3 TBS broth over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. they will release liquid as they cook, but crimini mushroom are not as watery as other button mushrooms, so it is best to stir constantly for the last 4 minutes. Liquid will evaporate, and mushrooms will become golden brown but not burned.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss crimini mushrooms with the remaining ingredients while they are still hot. The Mediterranean Dressing does not need to be made separately.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
- To prevent overcooking crimini mushrooms, it is best to use a timer.
- To melow the flavor of garlic, add garlic to crimini mushrooms for the last 2 minutes of sautéeing.