As a peaceful warrior, I would choose when, where and how I would behave.
With that commitment, I began to live the life of a warrior.
~Dan Millman

Saturday, February 24, 2007

...choose to take a deep breath and surrender to life's plan. ~

Do you ever hava a day, week or month when you think..."yikes! Things are not going the way that I planned!"

Well, I remember a joke from my old days in sunday school...God is laughing while we are making our own plans. It seems I am in the mood for contemplation this weekend. I am also reminded from Dan Millman's book, Way of the Peaceful Warrior...life is exactly as it is suppose to be. All of it. That is actually a comforting thought when I stand in the midst of the chaos of today's world and feel overwhelmed.

I am not suppose to fix it. I am suppose to acknowledge all that is. Live with intention, passionately for what I know is true in my heart and not with blinders as a distraction (there are sooo many of these). I certainly don't have to take the freeway when the scenic route is far more enjoyable and rewarding. I love to smell the 'roses' and in many ways am reminded to find my favorites.

One drop in the water creates a ripple. I don't have the grand divine plan all worked out in my head today and I don't have to. Whew! We are all here for a reason and we are intricately woven together as our paths cross, if only for a moment in time. Do you remember those people, those events in time that stands still as if it were only yesterday. Do you remember the impact of those moments on your life? If for nothing else than a reflection...a seed planted for the future, a message to get you through, a deja vu, a bridge from the past to the future, a puzzle to ponder...a lesson for living in the present.

Hmmmm...when it all washes in front of you in what seems to be the same moment...here is that deep breath...and the significant word, surrender.

Breathing today ~j

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there." ~ Ancient Chinese Proverb

No comments: