As a peaceful warrior, I would choose when, where and how I would behave.
With that commitment, I began to live the life of a warrior.
~Dan Millman

Friday, February 02, 2007


If you aren't completely appalled

then you haven't been paying attention!

~Bumpersticker

*
I laughed so very hard when I saw this bumper sticker today :-)

*
On one hand, it is completely true and on the other hand, if you live life appalled, then you aren't really living. I think that when you reach an awakening sometimes it is startling. Reminds me of The Matrix. You look around and your world can be completely different. Ususally there is a jarring event that changes your perspective. Sometimes it can be a small tidbit of information, an article, a book, an interview, a conversation. When we realize that the world we live in offers so many possibilites and that we are not boxed into our expectations of life, well...it is a wake up call. Many people never hear it. It is the being open to the information that is the key.

*
There are going to be things that you come across that are going to shock your socks off. And then there will be things that should be shocking but no longer are because we have been conditioned to them.

*
Most things are tied to big business, health, food, entertainment, media etc. I guess what I am trying to convey today is how important it is that we are aware. That when something strikes you, check it out without being concerned with the outcome. Search for the truth in your own heart and make conscious decisions based on that.

*
Paying attention...~j

No comments: