As a peaceful warrior, I would choose when, where and how I would behave.
With that commitment, I began to live the life of a warrior.
~Dan Millman

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Buy a Bigger Bowl
This is an excerpt from http://ironmanlife.blogspot.com/.
Really wonderful inspirational insight. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did today :-)

I dare you~j

We are interesting, us humans. Most of us can only imagine what we already know. Sure we can pretend to muddle about other things, but true imagination is different. Imagination has one foot in reality. In the confines of our human brains, imagination has boundaries.

We live in a box that we call reality, trapped on all sides by boundaries and categories. And for most of us that box defines the limit of our imaginations.We leverage our life experiences as a means to stretch our imagination.

Like a theme from the Truman Show, day after day we travel down the same road, until one day we dare to imagine a different route to a different destination.

We are given the opportunity to dream on a regular basis. And when we focus on the dream, when we set out a plan, suddenly the dream is in the realm of reality. It is within our box. Our bodies are controlled by our minds. Nobody ever won without first daring to dream that they could. So we push ourselves not as much to the limits of our body, but to the limits of our imagination. Assume you can never do it, and you never will.

In a funny way we are like goldfish – we will always expand to the size of our bowl. No matter how big the challenge set before us, we will find a way to succeed.

Think you can’t do it?
I think you are wrong.
Buy a bigger bowl.
Dare to dream. Dare to peek outside the confines of your imagination. Stretch out your arm and put your hand through the fire. Grab hold of the other side and pull yourself through.

I promise, you won’t get burned.

4 comments:

j. said...

You rock JGirl. Thanks for the props. Love your blog!

J.

Jonah Holland said...

Don't you just love J.? He has my favorite blog.
Glad I found yours too.

Unknown said...

Hey J. Welcome and thanks! ~j

Unknown said...

Triathlonmom~ Yes, I am glad that I came across J. too. Sometimes you never know what the day will bring :-) See you soon! ~j