ANSWER THE CALL...Make the commitment
What a cool concert for a cool cause. If you didn't catch it, get caught up and enjoy. A worldwide call for awareness. My kind of fun! Just outstanding. Al Gore was asked if he was planning on running for the presidency and his comment was something to this effect...the president holds immense power, but there is great power held by these grassroots organizations...HOW COOL IS THAT?? He is right. I imagine that his life has be touched and changed immeasurably working toward this cause and that is true for those that find passion for something that they believe in. There is a great voice that each one of us has a part in. Speak up and take action for the call that you hear. For those about to rock...! ~j
Sign The Pledge:
Wow. Live Earth. Wow. But more on that later. First, down to business. Take Al Gore's 7 point Live Earth pledge, printed below.
- To demand that my country join an international treaty within the next 2 years that cuts global warming pollution by 90% in developed countries and by more than half worldwide in time for the next generation to inherit a healthy earth (remember my post waaaay back when on Kyoto...well there are individual cities that have jumped on board, but...still work to be done);
- To take personal action to help solve the climate crisis by reducing my own CO2 pollution as much as I can and offsetting the rest to become "carbon neutral;" (check out your carbon footprint...link on my website. learn how to reduce your polluter status :-0).
- To fight for a moratorium on the construction of any new generating facility that burns coal without the capacity to safely trap and store the CO2;
- To work for a dramatic increase in the energy efficiency of my home, workplace, school, place of worship, and means of transportation (awareness goes a long way in initiating change, just talk about it) ;
- To fight for laws and policies that expand the use of renewable energy sources and reduce dependence on oil and coal;
- To plant new trees and to join with others in preserving and protecting forests (many cities already have great programs to help you with this) ; and,
- To buy from businesses and support leaders who share my commitment to solving the climate crisis and building a sustainable, just, and prosperous world for the 21st century (Oh yes, this is a big deal. Your voice can be heard through $$, loud and clear. Why do you think organic has gone industrial. Yes, big deal here) .
Click here to sign the pledge!7/7/07: If you haven't seen Live Earth, the concerts are still online at MSN Live Earth.
Plan to spend some time there, because the concerts are packed with incredibly cool stuff. Some of our favorite moments from YouTube are below...