As a peaceful warrior, I would choose when, where and how I would behave.
With that commitment, I began to live the life of a warrior.
~Dan Millman

Sunday, July 29, 2007



My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither,
but just to enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate.
~Thornton Wilder
*
Oh! I love ice cream. Now I enjoy the dairy free version and relish every nibble.
*
If you would love nothing more that a simple taste of fresh and flavorful, just freeze your fruit of choice and run it through the homogenizer on your juicer or give it a spin in the blender (Vita-Mix is my choice, but any high power blender will do). A delicious treat with a creamy texture is your reward. No cream needed.
*
Keeping it cool. ~j
*
Here's how to do it:
Take fresh, raw, ripe mangos. Peel and slice, store slices in plastic bag or other suitable container, and freeze. Then when you want to eat, remove from freezer and allow mangos to partially thaw. The mangos should not fully thaw: they should still have ice crystals in them. Put partially thawed mangos in blender, and puree. The result is an ice cream substitute that is 100% raw fruit, delicious, and better than any ice cream. This process can be used with other sweet fruit, such as papayas, pineapple, nectarines, mulberries, blue berries, bananas, etc.

No comments: