Cumin Crusted Sea Bass
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
* 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 1 pound sea bass fillets, skinned and cut into 4 pieces
* 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* Lemon or lime wedges
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Toast cumin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
3. Grind cumin seeds, salt and pepper with a spice grinder or mortar and pestle into a fine powder. Rub spice mixture on both sides of bass.
4. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add bass and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
5. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until fish is opaque in the center, 3 to 7 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with lemon or lime wedges.
Delicious with sauteed spinach.
For the more serious counters, Nutrition information:
Per serving: 138 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 49 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 0 g fiber; 224 mg sodium; 336 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (62% daily value).