Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Enjoy this Mediterranean dish that provides an excellent source of vitamin K, C, A and manganese. The bulgur does not need to be cooked, just softened, because it has already been steamed, dried and cracked. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
* 1 cup wheat bulgur (dry) makes 2 cups after combining with liquid
* 3 cups parsley, minced
* 1/2 medium onion, minced
* 1 medium tomato, chopped
* 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
* 1 TBS fresh lemon juice or wine vinegar
* 2 cloves garlic, press or chopped
* sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Mince onion and press or chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health properties.
2. Place 1 cup wheat bulgur and salt to taste in a bowl. Pour 2 cups boiling water or broth over the bulgur, stir once and let sit for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
3. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
For added flavor you may want to add more olive oil and lemon juice.