Enjoy this recipe as a great side dish or make it into a complete meal by steaming salmon or chicken on top of the vegetables.
Steamed Vegetable Medley
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 cups chopped , stems removed
- 1 medium onion sliced thick
- 1 cup cubed zucchini (quarter lengthwise and slice about ½ inch thick)
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 medium clove garlic pressed
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- Chop onion and press garlic
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in a steamer with a tight fitting lid. Add carrots and onions cover, and steam for 3 minutes. Add collard greens, and steam for another 3 minutes. Then add zucchini and steam for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from steamer and place in bowl. Toss with dressing ingredients.
You can top with sliced chicken breast (3/4" thick) or fish (1" thick) on the top of the carrots and onions. Serves 2